Sunday, July 7, 2013

Taste of Home from Tennessee

Written: 7/7/13

My parents have been visiting this past week. They arrived on Tuesday and left today. I feel a bit like a kid they just dropped off at college. I was eagerly anticipating their arrival, they came, and now they left. Here we are, in our new town, on our own. It's very exciting! At the same time- you have that tiny ache where you know change is coming. That's not bad... It's just, well, change.

But before I shed too any tears, I have to remind myself of how much FUN we had this week and weekend. Jack absolutely adores his Grandma and Papa. And they were able to stay with him Friday night while Pete and I ventured to Milwaukee for Meghan and Charlie's wedding. The "getting fancy grown ups only time" was fabulous! And we spent it with Pete's family including Lizzy and Graeme- even better!
Pete and I at dinner
Liz and Graeme busting a move
With Walker and Susan at the wedding 
Pete and his Uncle Fred in matching seersucker suits- summer fun!

Jack had many adventures to the park and is particularly found of "Gracie" my parents 7 month old corgi/Australian shepherd mix.

Jack with Grandma Kris and Papa
 Jack swinging with Papa

We are already looking forward to their next visit! Grandma B also stayed with us in the guest room a few weeks ago!! 

Grandma B on her inaugural journey to The Weston site of the Youngs

With a few visits by trusted advisors I can safely say that the Young B&B is now open and accepting visitors! Any one want to make their reservation?

No comments:

Post a Comment