Monday, July 29, 2013

Lake Geneva

I am a bit belated on making this post. We traveled to Lake Geneva July 19-21 for another work event for Pete. This time it was with his firm. Unfortunately, Pete had a meeting late in the day Friday up in Rhinelander. Jack and I traveled down solo to get settled in at a reasonable hour- set ourselves up for success!!

The weekend started with a lively lunch at the Dahms house in Sussex. The kiddos had a lovely time together- why we did not take a picture I do not know!! I reminder to me to remember to document all this fun!!

Onto the Grand Geneva... 
Jack and I started with our 2nd annual date night. Same restaurant on the resort, one table over from our table last year, same waitress, and fantastic view!

Jack at Ristorante Brissago

Pete of course had meetings to attend on Saturday so Jack and I were out on the town in quaint Lake Geneva. Somethings never change but I do LOVE the new restaurant Boatyard Bagel Co. Local food, mostly organic, incredibly delicious with a touch of flair inside. Of course, we also had to stop by Kilwins, our favorite candy spot- yum!
Boatyard Bagel Co and Kilwins.

Downtown Lake Geneva

Jacks favorite part of Saturday was when Uncle Ian came for a visit! There is always one dinner that I am required to attend with Pete. Ian agreed to drive down from Milwaukee and babysit for Jack at the hotel. A success on all accounts- Uncle "In" was a hit.


On the way home we stopped and saw the Bobziens in Madison (again- I need to make sure I take pictures of all these kiddos!) Jack will never forget that day- not only because he loves his pal Lucy but also because he had his first Popsicle at their house- and now he asks for them every day!

First Popsicle...
... Many more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. I just love how little things like popsicles can bring such joy. What a great picture!

    ReplyDelete