Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Beginning of the End of Summer

This week, I sort of start school. I have to go in for 3 days of literacy training and on Friday have orientation for the district. Of course, I have all next week off and do not resume in service days until the 28th but I will be thinking, breathing, and planning until then.

This week started off with a bang as well! We have been SUPER healthy around here all summer and sure enough, Jack came down with what seemed to be a cold about 10 days ago. His dry cough turned a little ugly and he had a fever off and on. I called this past Monday thinking we should make sure this isn't turning into something (but sort of feeling like they would tell me "it's a virus...wait it out"). Our new doctor looked at Jack, made sure his ears were clear, listened to his lungs, did a throat swab, walked out, then in with "good" news and "bad" news. I totally thought she would say "the good news is there is no infection, the bad news is we just have to wait it out".

I was wrong.

"The good news is he has strep- so we can treat that with meds. The bad news is, he has strep".

Great.

So, Jack has taken this as an opportunity to eat many popsicles and is on the mend.


I am not sure I am ready for fall yet! This week seems crazy and it's not even the real deal yet. I had forgotten during my relaxing summer off the hustle of the  morning, the chaos of getting home and making dinner, and getting Jack into bed!  I think it's a blessing that I do have these four days as a reminder of how organized I have to be!! Fall: you have won points this week during the practice game but I will be at full strength come the 28th!!

I do love being a teacher but i live when 3:30pm rolls around and i am on my way to pick up Jack. It sure is a great motivator to see this happy face at the end of the day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment